Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mastercraft snowblower

Posted by Ron 
Ron
Mastercraft snowblower
February 03, 2002 04:39PM
<HTML>Hello,

I bought this snowblower used about 4 years ago. It is a "Mastercraft" brand with a Tecumseh 4 Hp dual stage blower. The engine specs is HS40 55592N SER1276B.

The blower worked flawless for the 3 years I've had the unit. It was only after the first snow fall when I was unable to get the blower to start. I replaced with clean fuel, replaced the spark plug, even check to ensure there's sparks from the plug.

When I prime the engine, I know that fuel is going to the carb., but unsure if it is getting to the engine. I even primed the engine by pouring a little gas through the plug. The engine ran for a few seconds and then stopped.

Any suggestion on a solution surrounding this starting problem? Is there a maintenance kit I should be getting?

Thank you.</HTML>
Re: Mastercraft snowblower
February 04, 2002 02:13AM
<HTML>If fresh fuel is getting into the carb, and the compression and ignition are ok, then the carb must be plugged. You may be able to just clean and re-use the old parts, but if you're going through the trouble why not just install a kit and be done with it?

Carb kit: Part# TC-31840, $8.45
service manual: Part# TC-MAN140, $7.95</HTML>
Ron
February 08, 2002 09:31PM
<HTML>I took the carb out and cleaned it. I have now misplaced the wire/cable that connects between the carb and the lever that connects to the engine block. Do you offer that part for sale as well? Also, when going through and checking out the engine, I discovered that the cylinder block has a piece that were broken (fin piece where the gas tank bracket is located) where the head bolts onto. The cylinder head looks fine. Is that part available as well. Thanks.</HTML>
February 09, 2002 05:57PM
<HTML>The governor link is Part# TC-32698, $1.00
I emailed you a diagram so you can pick out the other part you mentioned.

DB</HTML>
Ron
February 12, 2002 02:36PM
<HTML>Base on the diagram you sent, the part number is #1. Thanks.</HTML>
December 06, 2005 03:36AM
i changed the oil and clean the spark plug and it wont start then i changed the gas and made no differance it just hissis
December 07, 2005 03:24PM
See our FAQ/Help page, is has troubleshooting info for engines.

[m-and-d.com]

M&D
January 11, 2008 06:59PM
Hello,

I have the same issue with my blower, but I think mine has an issue with the gas reaching the carb cause when I put gas in the spark plug it starts and then dies. I also tried spray cleaing the carb and used quick start, it starts fine and quickly but dies right after.

What can be the problem? can there be blockage in the fuel line to the carb?

Do you have any diagrams I can look at and advise?

Thank you
Mathieu
January 11, 2008 07:12PM
The float could be sticking or the holes in the bowl nut could be plugged. We will need the numbers off the engine itself to see if we have a diagram we can send you.

M&D
January 14, 2008 04:55AM
Thanks,

Here are the numbers I found.

A Mastercraft Model #: 60-3975-8
January 15, 2008 03:12PM
M&D team,

Any luck with the numbers I provided so far?

Your help is much appreciated..

Mathieu
January 15, 2008 03:21PM
No, we need the numbers from the engine itself, the engine used is not referenced in the parts diagram for the body of the machine.

M&D
April 18, 2008 06:20PM
Here is what I found on the case that houses the Carb. Is this the engine number?

HSSK40 55592R D1 3295B

I couldn't find any other numbers on the engine itself? Any suggestions on where it is located?

Thank you
Mathieu
April 21, 2008 02:26PM
M&D team,

Can you guys check my last post and let me know if this is the right number I posted for this engine?

With spring here I would like to fix this blower and have it ready for next season.

Thank you

Mathieu
April 30, 2008 01:58PM
M&D team are you able to help with this request?

Thanks
June 04, 2008 08:41PM
MD team,

Are you able to confirm if this is the engine number? HSSK40 55592R D1 3295B

And what I need to get this blower started again?

Thank you
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.