Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Engine only runs for a short time

Posted by petelg 
Engine only runs for a short time
March 13, 2013 05:38PM
Hi..I have a small push mower.. Not sure the HP but the engine is labeled as a John Deere. I was told it was the same as a Briggs&Stratton.. Here's my problem... It has been under the garage for the winter..I added sme fuel to it and pulled on it... It did start but only ran for about 10 to 20 seconds.. If I leave it alone and try to start it at a later time. it'll usually start but will do the same thing...I'm not the best mechanic in the world but would appreciate any advice I could do to get this thing running...Thanks....Pete
Re: Engine only runs for a short time
March 13, 2013 06:54PM
This is the exact procedure we use to diagnose mowers: [www.m-and-d.com]

See the "Engine will start but runs poorly or dies" section, whithout an engine model number we can't tell what style of carb you have on your engine but it will be covered there.

M&D
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.